About TAIWAN CERAMICS RESIDENCY PROGRAM
Situated in southwest of Taipei Basin, Yingge is famous in Taiwan for its plentiful supply of clay, convenient transportation, and various types of kilns. While its neighbor, Sanshia, has a rich cultural heritage, the town is blessed with enchanting historical ambience.
The Yingge Ceramics Museum was opened in 2000. Since then, the museum has dedicated itself to preserving the town’s cultural legacy while instilling new energy into the area. With such conviction, we decide to encourage ceramic artists, both local and global, to come experiencing the life in a pottery town through a one-to-three-month short-term residency program.
The residency program is open to both foreign and domestic artists. Interested applicants must have at least two years of experience in ceramic creation.
Residency program is three months in length and takes place from January to March, April to June and October to December 2018.
Applications are now being accepted. The application deadline is Aug11th, 2017
Benefits and Responsibilities*1
The museum offers each (group of) artist in residence
(1) A round-trip travel subsidies.*2
(2) NTD.600 per day (NTD.564 after Tax) as daily stipend up to 90 days.
(3) Basic studio materials needed during the residency creative process not exceeding NTD 30,000.
(4) A shared apartment and a semi-open studio space.
Artists’ feedback includes:
(1) Every artist should be present at the work space at least 17 days per month during the 3-month residency period.
(2) During the residency, the artists will be arranged to make contributions to the Yingge community in the context of seminars, speeches, workshops, or courses.
(3) The artists shall offer one-third of the artwork created during the residency to the museum for educational purposes without any objection.
*1 note: Benefits and responsibilities aim at a (group of) artist. If you’re a team with several people, the museum still only offers one benefit.
*2 note: For foreign artists, up to the equivalent of international airfare in economy class; for Taiwanese artists, up to the equivalent of high speed rail fare in economy class only.
A selection committee composed of relevant experts, scholars, and museum representatives reviews all applicants and decides the final list of 9 candidates (including at least 2 Taiwanese artists. If no qualified candidates, vacancies shall be maintained). A
notice will be mailed to all candidates on Sep22nd 2017
after final result is confirmed. The short list of candidates will be posted at the same time on the official website (available at http://www.ceramics.ntpc.gov.tw) of the museum.
How to Apply
Are you interested in being an artist in residence in the town of Yingge? Apply now!
【step 1】download the application form here: https://goo.gl/f6OysW
【step 2】prepare the files below:
(1) Application Form(in word format)
(2) JPG files of your 10 artworks, which you showed in the application form.(sized between1~3MB)
【step 3】send your files
【step 2】Go to Residency Program→2018 Taiwan Ceramics Residency Program→Application.
※ Please keep a copy of your application for your records
※ All incomplete applications will NOT be considered.